Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile dysfunction (ED or impotence) is the inability to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. If you are experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction as listed below, schedule a comprehensive health assessment with our medical professionals. Our providers will tailor a personalized ED treatment plan that considers other health factors and potential lifestyle adjustments.
Symptoms of ED:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Premature or delayed ejaculation
Sexual arousal is complex, involving psychological and physical factors, like the brain, hormones, muscles, blood vessels, and emotions. An issue with any (or a combination) of these physical and psychological factors may cause erectile dysfunction.
Initial steps to help alleviate erectile dysfunction:
- Exercise regularly and maintain good cardiovascular health
- Establish and maintain healthy sleep habits
- Maintain a healthy weight and follow healthy nutrition guidelines
- Quit using tobacco
- Limit or avoid the use of alcohol
- Reduce stress
If the above steps don’t solve your issues with ED, you should see a medical provider to determine the cause and potential treatment solutions. Erectile dysfunction can be a sign of a larger health issue, including cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, hormone deficiencies, and more. If you’re dealing with persistent ED symptoms, a comprehensive health assessment can help our providers find and treat underlying conditions that may be contributing to ED. Our providers offer customized treatment plans to help with ED and your overall health.
How Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Works at Low T Center
- Health Assessment – During your initial visit, one of our medical professionals will conduct a comprehensive health assessment, including a simple blood test. This test is part of a full lab panel, including your PSA, A1C, and more. All of your lab results, the responses to our health questionnaire, and your medical history will be discussed with our medical provider at your next office visit.
- Personalized Plan – Based on your health assessment, lab results, and medical history, if testosterone therapy is appropriate, your provider will create your personalized testosterone replacement therapy treatment plan to treat your low T and/or ED. Additionally, if other therapies are recommended, such as treatment for sleep apnea or high blood pressure, your provider will discuss a treatment plan for those issues as well.
- Treatment Regimen – Your treatment regimen is based on your personalized plan. If your numbers indicate low T, we will discuss testosterone replacement treatment options using testosterone replacement injections, which are administered by a medical professional in our office typically every seven to 10 days, or administered by you at-home if you prefer one of our simple, convenient take-home options.
- Optimization and Prevention – Once your testosterone replacement therapy regimen, or other treatment modality, is underway to address symptoms of low testosterone and/or ED (or other underlying health conditions), your provider will optimize treatments to work toward maximizing your overall health and wellness.
Our providers at Low T Center take a holistic approach to men’s health care. When you come in to talk about symptoms of erectile dysfunction or any other health condition, they perform a comprehensive health assessment to help identify underlying causes and conditions. Our team is here to help you address your overall health and help you start the path toward better wellness. Make an appointment at one of our convenient locations to discuss ED with our medical providers.