Home Sleep Test
- Comfortable, low-cost sleep apnea test
- Sleep in your own bed – no need for a night in a sleep lab
- Easy to use and set up
- Technologically advanced home sleep test
- Fully disposable – no need for the hassle of return shipping
- No appointment necessary
- Delivered to your door in 1-2 days
- Watch-like device
- Finger clip
- Chest sticker
Start feeling better in as little as 4 days:
Your home sleep test, the WatchPAT One device, is a technologically advanced sleep apnea test offering minimally invasive monitoring to detect sleep apnea in the comfort of your own bed. This home sleep test is highly accurate and uses only 3 points of contact to measure seven key factors to detect sleep apnea, sleep apnea severity, and your individual sleep architecture. Your home sleep test is incredibly small, lightweight, and easy-to-use, and automatically transmits your sleep data to our sleep team.
When you receive your home sleep test, simply open the package, wear the device for one night, and dispose of it the next morning. Our sleep apnea team will analyze your comprehensive sleep report for indications of sleep apnea. Then, book a sleep appointment to discuss your results, at no additional cost. Just pick a convenient date one or more days after completing the test to talk about your home sleep test and all possible contributors to your symptoms before receiving a customized treatment plan from our board-certified sleep physician.
Your disposable home sleep test detects sleep apnea using three unobtrusive points of contact:
- Watch-like device which you will wear on the wrist of your non-dominant hand
- Pulse oximeter finger clip, which you will wear on your index finger
- Chest sensor sticker which you will place on your chest just below the neck
After wearing your home sleep test for one night, your sleep data will be automatically sent to our sleep team at the Low T Sleep Center for analysis.
How It Works
Your WatchPAT home sleep test uses advanced technology to detect seven different factors of sleep apnea, including:
- Peripheral arterial tone (PAT): PAT offers a non-invasive look at your cardiovascular system and autonomic nervous system to identify apnea events. Your home sleep test utilizes verified and innovative algorithms to detect sleep apnea
- Heart Rate: Your home sleep test monitors your heart rate for indications of respiratory cessation during sleep
- Actigraphy: Your WatchPAT uses non-invasive methods to collect data about your circadian rhythms and sleep patterns. The advanced home sleep test technology uses a proprietary and verified algorithm to detect true sleep time and sleep architecture for more accurate apnea index results.
- Body Position: Your home sleep test detects your body position to understand how body position influences your sleep pattern. Your test evaluates information about whether you are sleeping on your back, stomach, or side.
- Oximetry: Your home sleep test evaluates blood oxygen levels and oxygen saturation levels to detect apnea events and hypoxemia associated with sleep apnea.
- Snoring: Your WatchPAT sleep test detects snoring and measures snoring decibel levels as you sleep.
- Chest Motion: The home sleep test monitors chest motion to detect momentary pauses in respiration to detect apnea events during sleep.
When You Receive Your Home Sleep Test
- Install the WatchPAT One application on your mobile device and connect your home sleep test using Bluetooth connection.
- Insert a AAA battery into the compartment of your WatchPAT device and follow the simple setup instructions.
- Attach the watch-like device to the wrist of your non-dominant hand, the finger clip to your index finger, and the chest sensor sticker just below your neck.
- Press start on the WatchPAT One application and follow your normal nightly routine.
- When you wake in the morning, select “end recording” on the application to automatically transmit your home sleep test data to our board-certified sleep physician.
- Dispose of your home sleep test device.
Schedule your follow-up sleep appointment at the Low T Sleep Center to discuss your results with our sleep team and receive a customized treatment plan.